Aglaonema...ag-leon-ama....clever

Léon (The Professional), with Jean Reno and a very young Natalie Portman. Well, for one, I really like Portman and Reno, and often like Luc Besson's films, so I was pretty much going to like this movie, regardless. That said, it wasn't what I was expecting, which would have been simpler and probably banal - that is, say, the girl simply being taught to be a hit...uh, hitwoman. Hit-teen? Anyway, there was more depth and pathos to the movie as it is, though reading about the extended version, it seems that would have a combination of the two ends of the spectrum, which I'd like to see someday as contrast. Hm. And yeah, part of me wanted more action for some reason, but that really wouldn't have fit the movie so well. Oh, and Gary Oldman was amazing, as usual.

One of those things, not sure if it's clever or stupid

No comments: