Hey there, big puffy version of Junebug!

Juno, with Ellen Page and Michael Cera. Basically, the same theme but opposite end of the spectrum from Knocked Up - understated, subtle, more profound. And so, better! Also much wittier, that too. I'm not even sure what to say about the film, perhaps it's a better take on a Garden State archetype but with pregancy, what with the indie-ish aspect. I loved how the runners aren't actually a function in the movie except as some weird avatar of the weather, but then again, Bleeker is one of them, but not...hmmm...I'm sensing an essay, there. I was going to to say something about Juno's parents being too deadpan to be real or something, but now that I think about it, she's then the perfect product of them. The over-the-top use of slang was a bit much in the opening scenes, but was quickly toned down, is the only negative note I can think of, at the moment.

I'm all over a fem take on Zatoichi, Ichi sounds fun

RaptorSafari! I...uh...well...I got nothin'

1 comment:

Connie said...

I agree with you about the slang in Juno. The first half hour or so was a bit too...precious. She was too precocious to be that likable. However, as the movie goes on and you see that's just her defense mechanism she becomes a lot more empathetic.