::singing::

Once, with Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova. I think the unorthodox approach of this movie is going to spoil me on regular rom-coms for a while if they have even an ounce of cliche in them. The only one I can think of that isn't immediately discounted on some level is Love, Actually, off the top of my head. Or Farscape, I suppose, in a sense. Anyway, Once is easy to watch multiple times on account of it being inundated with good music, so in effect its like listening to a cd you just bought more than once. And on top of that, the music is all really good, natch; on top of that, it was all written and sung by the two leads, who really do have a genuine chemistry stemming from genuine friendship in real life. I'll need a copy of this sometime.

Georgia Rule, with Jane Fonda and Lindsay Lohan. I was surprised to find this another unorthodox movie, which actually raised its value for me immensely, though at the same time I can see why it wouldn't do well in theatres (on account of some of the subject matter, I mean). At first I couldn't stand a couple of the characters, but as the movie went on with its subsequent reveals, I found myself fascinated by at least Lohan's, in turn, and tolerating the others. Not an amazing movie, but a lot better that I expected.

What if the world was divided up this way?

Hm, now I'm glad I didn't try it - pennywort juice

::sniff:: it's so true...
"In life, as in art, the beautiful moves in curves."
Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

crazy light thingie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a perfect description of "Once"...rom-coms generally make me want to open a vein, but this one...there are no words! :)