shout out to Jayk and Zoombie...for the one person who would get that reference, who I'm sure does not read this blog, heh

The Laughing Corpse, by Laurell Hamilton. Ok, I am officially back into the Anita Blake novels. Normally I'd say it's the adeptly expanded setting that hooked me, but I really enjoy even more the confidence and moxie of the leading lady. Though it might be in the vampire chick lit section, I'd say it's quite not, this is more in the badass chick lit section. Yes. I think I also clicked more with this second novel than with the first as it was just less busy, this one only had zombies and zombie related activity (with a simultaneously creepy and badass ending); the first had vampires, lycanthropes, and zombies, which are all well and good, but would have been better served having established each of the categories first. Also, this book cemented my resolve to get some practice in with pistolry.

Got to give the dude kudos, painting accurately having been born without eyes

No comments: