a matter of perspective

Jacob's Ladder, with Tim Robbins and Elizabeth Pena. Would have helped if I'd known what Jacob's Ladder is, durr, though it also might've stripped the ending of a lot of weight, and maybe even given away the whole movie. There seemed to be a certain skill of the creators of skimming in downright disturbing demonic imagery into seemingly normal environments, but it never really got look-away horrifying...more grotesquely fascinating, eerie, even downright disturbingly erotic at one point. I think part of it was the mystery and paranoia pervading the movie, it left me always looking for the key, the hint to understanding what was real and what was not, who was demon or angel or human. I really want to talk about the ending, heh, which was basically the only way you could pull off...bah, but I don't want to give anything away. Ask if you're curious and not worried about seeing the movie.

I so want one...mmm....bacon

No comments: