first union thoughts

Learn some more English, people. I can understand a little Spanish, but I also feel like the proverbial monkeywrench in the language gears....and I'm not even sure if that was just a pun in that.

With uncanny resemblances to Elizabeth Pena and Judy Reyes, the people in my immediate area are creeping me out. It's like a kind of cognitive dissonance, I expect different voices to come out of their mouths.

I dunno...so far, the intentions of the union people seem nice, but I can't hold with the kind of groupthink necessary for a union to function well, you can tell from statements you input that lots of people are put off by them, or are being pressured to join or come to meetings or work in a kind of pyramid-scheme sense. Good intentions, but the things necessary for it to work....not so great.

No comments: