Modern Art Tattooing is near Country Club and Grant, right across from The Shelter nightclub. They have a great piercer, who although looking pretty young, is very knowledgable and smooth, and just plain nice to boot. Belly button goes for $35.

The Guru (recommended by Steph) was hilarious. It's also randomly dirty. Very, very dirty. But dirty in a sexy way, with catchy music, and with a tiny sprinkle of Bamboozled-style metafiction, except Indian-wise.

King Arthur was also very good, and I think I may have finally pinned down why I was kind of disappointed in it despite its...er, goodness. For one, it had the great expansiveness that, say, Jerry Bruckheimer's Pirates did, but also in some way some undefinable lack of something because of that. Also, I read an article that said they cut most of the brutality from the fight scenes, which would explain why I couldn't quite figure out why I was disappointed a little in them, too. Nonetheless, I thought the (although dubious) focus on historical-over-legend made for a nice hero-movie.

No comments: