Vanity Fair - This movie was pleasure to watch aesthetically, and was well enough otherwise, though it probably wouldn't be so pleasant if one were in an impatient mood. It almost seemed like various scenes were taken piecemeal out of a novel, and enough that there was a coherent story, but inessential bits were left out. Or rather, I'd be interested to see if there were many deleted scenes. I went ostensibly to take my mom out, of course, but also to see Jonathan Rhys Meyers in another movie....'cause he's hot, basically. I also found a new interest in Romola Garai, the much-more-attractive-than-the-lead supporting actress; I actually thought she was Rose Byrne till I looked it up, but I guess I just like that type or something. I thought that Reese Witherspoon's character was at least interesting in any case because she was a perfect parallel of Gaby McAslan from Evolution's Shore, but without the redeeming qualities. And on an entirely random note, a comment upon the growing prevalence of martial arts in movies: totally illogical capoeiristas at an India-themed picnic, and an odd spat of grappling that takes place in India.

Shaun of the Dead - the zombies are walking to the music at one point. I need say no more.

Bubbles - kind of random. Wyatt found it; it has cool music, like that obscure speed metal song from Spawn

No comments: