I was thinking about something I noticed when doing yoga, as I haven't actually been able to do much what with overly bruised hands an' all. If I can keep up with doing yoga daily for a while, there are readily apparent benefits: repaired minor injuries from jujitsu, all the standard ones like digestion, relaxation, quieter mind, and augmented physical attributes (ie, higher kicks and deeper pins). The thing is, after a while I hit this wall, where the yoga doesn't seem to do as much, and my progress in deepening the poses just stops or even reverses a little. Right now my thought, which seems to have beared out in practice, is that I have to exercise correspondingly to the yoga to maintain its effectiveness. That is, if I have pain or trouble with a camel pose, I should bridge more; if my shoulders click or are tight, Hindu pushups, &c.

-for some reason, this comic really got to me

-Head of the Ohio - in lieu of having a UA team to cheer for, go Carolyn!

-RayFresh - photography by Shiver

-History of Car Logos - I remember learning about Subaru in 'Appreciating Japanese Pop Culture.' I also learned they use Jennifer Lopez for their ads across the pond.

-Magic Key - adorable cartoon music video (via Phil)

No comments: