As much as I am wary of higher end literary theory and the difficulties in understanding that it implies, I liked the way the teacher explained why the writing is sometimes...odd. She said that the concepts being discussed require a different sort of syntax than just a straight out explanation, involving metaphors and figurative language. Which also reminds me of the philisophy classes I took; the language seemed insane, partly because of translation in a few cases, I think, but also because the things being discussed just couldn't be described in regular, everyday language. Which is doubly weird in my mind, because that might mean that the figurative language needed can apply directly to sciences in some cases, such as Searle's involvement with artificial intelligence.

-Art of Daryl Mandryk

-Preserving Amerind languages

-more crazy origami

No comments: