I'm not sure if it was my post-exercise endorphin rush or not, but I got a real kick out of two shows tonight. One was Stargate Atlantis, in that the fight scenes were all jujitsu. I mean, basic, clinch-->flying armbar-->cross-body armbar kind of stuff, but the thing was, it seemed to fit into the ambience of the show because it's so rarely used in fight choreography that it looks exotic, and yet at the same time is practical rather than fantastic. The other was Battlestar Galactica, of which there seems to be a growing fanclub of across a few different cities, because the episode was based around complexly written theistic discussion which circled a main ontological issue of the show (what is it to be human/what qualifies as human?).

Guys are only allowed suits, but women get to dress up; but that's cool, it's kind of interesting to have a Secretary of State like that

See, personally, I'd be more worried about the basement

No comments: