I recently read an interesting argument for bodyweight exercise (which I am a proponent of) over weight training. Basically, it said that in weight training some portion of one's attention is concentrated on something external - i.e. the weight. But with bodyweight exercise one's full attention can be concentrated internally, on the self. I would add that a similar benefit is found in yoga (when are weights used in yoga?), but qualify that weights have their own purpose and advantages, such as speedy gaining of large amounts of muscle mass for one, but also disadvantages to health and otherwise. But I could go on. In other news, J.J. Abrams is probably going to direct Mission Impossible III, which will also have Carrie-Ann Moss in it, both things generally labeled as awesome.

Modern Art - I don't really understand it at the moment, but maybe the DC trip will make the difference in that regard...but on the other hand maybe modern art is there just so people can pull off stuff like that

Xtreme Martial Arts - frankly, I think it would be immensely better if it was less Wushu or even if they acknowledged how extremely stylized it is, but it's really pretty, so they've got something going I suppose

ilani ilani - cute language blog (" Putting the 'sin' back in syntax and the 'ho' back in phonology")

No comments: