An ad hoc analogy for the development of physical intelligence, by Kevin and I...Kevin and me? Stupid grammar. Anyway, we likened the the increased connection between mind and body to evolution of the telephone. A little kid trying to tell his limbs to do something and then having something else entirely happen might be like the oldest-school phones where you didn't dial, but had an operator connect you. Moving up through various degrees, such as rotary phone and speed-dial, the other end of the spectrum would be the Zen end, as it were; the connection is already made practically before the thought happens.

Why is it that the only word Xuemei and I could think of for the male equivalent of "mistress" is lover? Or rather, aren't the connotations of each interesting when compared to each other?

Admiral, I shrunk the spy plane - periodic fun robot link (via Wyatt)

Really dumbed down folklore story of Chang E, the Moon Lady (because Xuemei was confused when I was trying to remember the old yarn about fae on the moon/the moon as Arcadia)

Ultimate Fighter - just a plug for what I originally thought was just another inane reality show but seems to have improved massively since it started, at least judging by the last couple episodes I randomly caught

No comments: