Fire Warrior, by Simon Spurrier. Much to my dismay, I couldn't put this book down long enough to get any work done on my thesis, so hopefully my advisor will take a good book as an excuse. Yes, it's skiffy fluff, but it's good skiffy fluff, with the solid combination of a fast-moving adventure story, empathy-inducing characters, and cinematographic action. The climax is great, but the resolution after that is a bit of a letdown, though I suppose it is logical enough. There's some layers worth of social commentary in there as well, if I'm not mistaken, though I'm not exactly sure which way they were leaning, I need somebody else to read it to talk about it with.

World City Inventory

Britain for Americans - so much sarcasm...

the Falkirk Wheel - I have no idea; but it sure seems interesting

No comments: