Xuemei and I seem to have a pattern, concerning the Grand Issue of the day. Whenever I'm upset and proposing absurdities, she tells me to ignore it and get over it. Whenever she's upset, however, I tell her to get over it. This doesn't really seem like a big deal, but it's only obvious after we both clicked upon it after a relatively quick succession of the cycle. So when we reach equilibrium, oh, there's going to be hell to pay. Whatever that phrase means.

"I was dreaming," Mr. Thoth told her, "about my grandfather. A very old man, at least as old as I am now, 91. I thought, when I was a boy, that he had been 91 all his life. Now I feel," laughing, "as if I have been 91 all my life."
-both, totally randomly, from The Crying of Lot 49
"But our beauty lies," explained Metzger, "in this extended capacity for convolution. A lawyer in a courtroom, in front of any jury, becomes an actor, right? Raymond Burr is an actor, impersonating a lawyer, who in front of a jury becomes an actor."

The Mirror & The Monkey - sample of an interesting graphic novel

No comments: