I was reading an article that claimed that the muscles that are most commonly very tight are the hip flexors and the very bottom of the abdominal muscles. And at first, I thought yeah, yeah, yeah. Then a little while later, in a fit of boredom or whatever, I sat there thinking about it. And those muscles certainly felt relaxed. And then just when I was about to shrug and forget it, those muscles actually relaxed. And I gasped. I think half of my palpable relief was from the release of the mental block, and half from the physical. Later, I realized that as I pushed on the gas pedal while driving home, I was flexing my toes as well as my foot. I certainly didn't need to be flexing my toes, and there was a smaller, but still palpable, release there as well. Now, the trick is keeping those muscles relaxed.

Tingo, nakkele, and other wonders - fun article about un-translatable words

Alias - beautiful, but (at least for me) a bit uncannily disturbing

No comments: