Mad skills. So my mom got food poisoning pretty badly yesterday; somehow, naturally, she was still adamant that I eat something. So, still not having any appetite really, I revisit the wonder that is the microwave burrito. And even get through a bit of a workout right after that just fine, but then start to feel it creeping up on me as I get in bed. Then I turn around and wake up with food poisoning, albeit a much, much milder case than my mom. Irony, to thee I say: screw you.

In other news, what can we learn from this encounter with a burrito-encased demon of malaise? Well, I think I’ve gained further insight into my mind-body connection. For example, yesterday I was reflecting that days without the release of yoga was leaving me in a very, very odd state – too personal to get into, but there were layers, and it was foggy. So I finally get in something of a state to do yoga last night, which offers some release, but the clarity that came with that at the same time seemed quite unfortunate, for the effect it had on me. Now the question becomes, how much does this burrito-born bodily disquiet bear into that? I know my face was pallid in the mirror this morning, but does my physical feeling reflect deeper into me, or is it, perhaps more unsettling, quite the opposite? Or, is it just a question of greater or lesser vulnerability? Hm. Stupid burrito.

No comments: