Each time I go to the 4th Ave Street fair, I try to go to the same artist (if he is there and time is permitting) to get a henna pattern inked onto my hand. So, the first time I had it done, it was during an early morning lull in the fair, and so in talking with the artist he ended up putting much more henna on my hand and complexity into the pattern than the fee I had paid warranted; he even took a picture for his personal portfolio, so that was pretty awesome.

Even better than that, though, was the woman who was working with him; she was beautiful in and of herself, with wavy-curly blond hair and a loose skirt and backless top of something gauzy. But what was on her upper back were wings, down to the details on feathers, surrounded by arabesques, all done in a light red-ish henna. It was gorgeous, to say the least. My question to myself is, did I get the idea for my tattoo from that image (it's funny that I haven't remembered that till now, if that's the case), or did I have my tattoo idea before that? All I've got is a mental shrug, at the moment; who knows.

In other news, working with lots of people with relatives in Mexico is nice because of one of the most important reasons: food. I, at this moment, have a bag of twelve solidly large, fresh tamales sitting right next to me. Red chile, baby. Not to mention the fresh, homemade tortillas on other days, and the list of the best places in South Tucson to get Sonoran hot dogs on the other side of my desk. Now, come on Vietnamese half of the people working the warehouse: where y'all at with the food? I'm hungry!

Neologism of the Day: awebysmal - in the vein of that lovely word, 'aweso,' awebysmal combines 'awesome' and 'abyssal' with a nice linguistic twist in the suffix for aesthetics; used, say, for those jokes that really do hit new lows

No comments: