Random things night. So, one thing I've learned - the nine-to-five lifestyle makes for perception that there is very little time for anything. I could speculate as to why, argue against that perception, and remark upon my own evidence, but I'll just leave it as noting that I've heard it in the tone of the voices of several people who are also stuck in it for the moment, from the clone-girl (not really attack of the clones, but maybe slightly-weirded-out by the clone) at the street fair to high-paying jobs to cross-country. Maybe I'll return to those other three things at some point. If I have time. Ba-dum tshhh.
      In the karate forms we did tonight I noted two mudras (little hand position thingies to start the form) that I thought were interesting. My favorites are still the mudras that are actually practical, close range little nasties, but I liked these because one is basically described as 'opening a book,' and the other is 'holding a small ball.' The first because it's all symbolic (*nodding*), and the second because it's kind of cute.
      Xuemei had an interesting experience where she had to watch a video of herself interviewing a patient, who she thought was Australian but turned out to be from Boston. The trick was, the camera only caught her, so she's acting out a doctor's role, but interviewing a patient who's entirely out of the frame. I'm not sure if that could be avant-garde, or at least something that would make for a small essay in lit. or film theory if the interview had the right questions and answers.
      I just got the Yoga Journal calendar for the coming year. Quite pretty, great photography, pretty cheap.
      Tonight, I tried a Naked brand protein drink. It was quite tasty, actually, though I didn't appreciate having to sit with the grit that coated my mouth after each sip.

      And it rained, tonight. I would have written a poem, except this would have been even more incisive into myself than the poem-diary-thingie. I'll talk around what I would have written, I guess. The best moments of my life have had some quality in them that could be described as 'cool water,' or some variation of that. That's not to say that every encounter with colder-than-lukewarm water is a great moment for me, or that tonight was one, but the rain reminded me or them; bittersweet melancholy and all that jazz, yadda yadda yawn. Anyway. Goodnight.

No comments: