Casanova, with Heath Ledger and Sienna Miller. Firstly, as my date for the evening repeatedly gushed, "Heath Ledger is hot." I thought Miller was quite nice, as well, though I wonder whether that was mostly in redheaded-ness for this movie making her resemble Margeurite Moreau. I think it's mostly agreed about this movie that it's not exactly great, but it's....cute. It's definitely cute. It has a spot or two of swashbuckling (I'll note the clever/accurate choreography when Casanova wields a cane purely vertically near the end), a decent romance, and something of a twisty plot. There's humor throughout, generally of the kind where in laughing you almost want to put a hand to your mouth modestly, so that was fun. Having been an English major in a past life, though, I have to wonder whether it was intentional that Casanova should carry around a large, thick, penis. I mean cane. Carry around a thick cane with a metal bulge on one end.

Conflict: Desert Storm 2 - Back to Baghdad. I'd had a hankering since a long time ago to play one of these modern-set wargames, but as I rarely if I ever get to play videogames lately, this was a pleasant chance to try one out. And I deem it rocking. Not because of the action, ironically, which is kind of okay, I suppose...ish. But because of the teamwork; there is no playing against your buddy - there is only co-op. And if you know me and video games, you know I've always been a big proponent of co-op. Unfortunately, most games that do have that option have it as kind of an oddly crowded variant of just playing by yourself; this game, however, seemed designed for it. And though it's a very scripted game, in that it really did make us work together, and then even further work together in controlling multiple characters simultaneously within the game. There was teamwork everywhere, it was crazy. And having worked together to complete pleasantly stress-inducing goals, high-fives abound.

No comments: