The L Word has sparked my interest lately. Luckily, as about the only time I've really watched television recently has been super late at night after plopping on the couch, that's exactly when multiple episodes of it at a time are on. I'll freely admit that a large part of the reason for me not flipping the channel at first was quite base and probably ironically testosterone fueled. But, the show does have high production values and quality acting, and though it is basically a soap opera for all intents and purposes, but the nature of its setting which is populated almost exclusively by lesbians it approaches gender and feminism issues with some relish; I've not quite been able to divine enough about those issues as of yet to dive into actual animated discussion of them, but I find (and have found) observing the discussion and playing out thereof in this show (and some particularly odd experiences working at a hospital) to be quite interesting.

No comments: