The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, with some limey kids. And Jesus, playing the lion. And Battle Santa! As was aptly described to me before I saw it, moments of awesome separated by interminable...not boredom, per se, but very extended slowness. The animation was wonderful, especially in the battle scenes, but the allegory was pretty hardcore heavy-handed, though (Wyatt said it isn't so much in the novel). I suppose in a sense some of it was a bit too directly for a kiddie audience, for my taste, or maybe rather too much so to hold my attention. Tangentially, however, I did find myself identifying with the oldest brother to a degree I haven’t in a long with any character in a long while, not so much in any particular detail as his general attitude in various situations, for whatever that was worth.

No comments: