Blow, with Penelope Cruz and Johnny Depp. I think it was acted well, and is an interesting snapshot in the same sense that Scarface was, about a similar subject. Same deal with it being a character study, in a vaguely similar way to that, or maybe Walk the Line. But beyond that...I don't think it pulled it off as well as those other movies. I just couldn't stay interested...maybe because there seemed to be little, realy driving tension except for the main character's oft thwarted ambition? Or maybe I was just exhausted.

Grizzly Man. I honestly saw very little of this movie. I'm just noting that as I napped while it was on in the same room, it seeping into my unconscious made for the strangest dreams I've had in a good long while. I mean, from what I did see I (and my family, who was watching) thought that the guy the movie was about was certifiably insane. Just...wow. A right loon, that one. And somehow he ended up as a transvestite news reporter in my dream? Yeah I dunno.

No comments: