Dallas 362, with Jeff Goldblum and Selma Blair, neither of whom were main characters, and neither of whom I recognized till halfway through the movie. This film was...interesting, in my opinion, but I won't say I enjoyed it. I'm not sure it was because I'd call the movie bad, per se, but I think it resonated in dissonant ways with me, reminding me uncannily and uncomfortably of people I'd met while working at the hospital, and calling to mind other issues I have right now. So while perhaps there were effective character studies in the story, in that I ended up just disliking some of the characters I was kind of put off. Interesting, but a bit too stark and colorless for my taste.

In other news, damn but that was a storm last night. And past the dawn; it was like an inordinately long microburst, but one that I'm slowly gather went across southern Arizona. I'll have to fix the screens on the windows in my room so they don't rattle at the thunder, though admittedly I doubt there'll be thunder like that in a while. The first thing I heard on the way to work when I turned on the radio was an elder gal saying, "In my 68 years I ain't never seen a storm like that..." and there's still a flashflood warning Nogales through Tucson periodically between the songs long after it stopped raining well into the morning. Crazyfun!

Apres-midi Addendum: apparently the floodwatch is going till the middle of the day tomorrow, and more storms are a'coming tonight! Aweso.

No comments: