Brokeback Mountain, with Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal. The landscapes were sure purdy. Nonetheless, I was sure disappointed in the rest of the movie. While the acting and cinemtography were of course quality, I thought the narrative meandered too much, and I often like meandering movies. I suppose, to me, in a movie I thought should have been based upon character development, I didn't really think there was that much, or it it was there, it was on some wavelength I didn't pick up on. Also, I was kind of disappointed in the lovemaking between the men, for as controversial as I thought it was supposed to be, that was a let-down.

random poem I ran across, by my favorite Sufi poet:
There is a way between voice and presence where information flows.
In disciplined silence it opens.
With wandering talk it closes.
- Rumi

No comments: