Here's to my mom! She had tossed over a magazine that had been given to her, Travel and Leisure or somesuch, and I asked her if she wanted to travel. She replied, no, and instead of just saying she was fine as is, she looked out the glass sliding door to the backyard, which faces east. She said each morning she goes out with the dog, and it's silent, and described the sunrises in concisely poetic language, which I won't try to repeat so as not to sully it with inaccuracy. And that's how my mom answered that no, not at the moment was she interested in travelling. It seemed a particularly enlightened, understanding-of-contentment response, if I haven't made that clear enough already.

So, turning a bit introspective, I had an odd realization, then tried to turn objective upon it. I think I act as an intermediary a lot. At work I run back and forth between the front office and the warehouse (and its component departments), and am of both, and yet neither, in everything from dress to attitude to job description. In a similar state of things, I'm the only person to regularly go between both dojos of our school, and act as a messenger and conveyer of information, with a similar of both/neither status in some ways. And even in general social situations, I've never been and am not really part of any consistent 'circle of friends' or what, but rather drift in and out of them, and in turn connect them by bringing friends from one to another.

Anyway, maybe I should try to find a job that reflects such. What would that be, diplomacy? No, that's not quite right...hmm....

No comments: