Song of Susannah, by Stephen King. As usual with a Dark Tower, I won't write too much because I'd really just be going on and on. And anything I'd have to say probably wouldn't make sense to anyone who hadn't gotten this far in the epic, anyway, much like the novel really wouldn't make sense to anyone who had read each of the previous. Well, it would, but there would be none of the massive weight of character development and narrativee behind it, and that would be a sin to read this and not have that. I will at least note that it reads incredibly quickly, and has one of the most interesting instances of metafiction that I've ever come across (ie, I actually kind of liked it, even). Well, really, it's like metafiction turned back upon itself and...hm...contact me otherwise if you want to hear me ramble, heh. And I want to be a gunslinger when I grow up.

Ah-HA

No comments: