Things of Note, from the End of the Week:
-wow, Scorsese films are long; not that I didn't already realize that, but it's funny to go into a movie theatre one day, and emerge from it the next day
-for the first time in years, I brought "homework" back upon myself: thank you Mr Jeff, and your kicking drills that are oh so pleasant to do
-there's a Mongolian barbecue on Campbell, now (ie, within walking distance of Adelaide): aweso!
-any band that sings about drinking and Irish girls, and ends with "Turtle Power!" is pretty rocking
-yes, an Aussie can have Matrix-like agility that surpasses a mountain goat, but it doesn't prevent me from wanting to clap hands over my eyes when she bounds playfully along the edge of cliffs that overlook spiky tree-tops
-shelties jumping = cutest thing ever; it's like an old-school Mario Bros game come to life (boing!)
-apparently, slightly upscale sushi places sometimes hire stippers to be their hostess; that, or the poor gal just really, really needed to do her laundry and only had a single clean nightie (and I'll admit, on some levels we really weren't complaining at all)

Aw man, there was a weather alert this morning for a storm system just outside of Tucson, I feel bad for the people who probably woke up into it. I mean, I'm sure "nickel-sized hail" and "continuous cloud-to-ground lightning" are cool and all, but when the emergency alert is telling you to get the hell inside, now, that's a bit ominous.

Emotions in Motion - interesting article on emotions and body-memory

No comments: