The Breakfast Club, with Emilio Estevez (I always liked him for some reason), Molly Ringwold, and I swear it's Colin Farrell. But it's not. It totally is, though. I just had this thought that I bet this would make a great play, just on account of looking at the cast list there's really only six or so characters, and a very limited setting. The trouble, as I see it, would just be finding someone that looked like Colin Farrell. But anyway, yeah, it's an 80s movie, but one that's obviously stood the test of time, and is a funny, solid character study.

The Break-Up, with Vince Vaughn, Jennifer Aniston, and some people the Maynard gals recognized that I didn't. Oh, till I remembered Chasing Amy, which Kristin said she had said, but she didn't. I suppose the general consensus was that it was a good movie up until the ending, which was basically completely opposite of the way it should have gone. But I disagree! I thought the humor wasn't enough to make up for just being made as uncomfortable as the secondary characters watching a couple's relationship fall apart, but then bam! The ending was mature, open-ended, and pleasant, and beyond that I suppose there was nice character development over time. Fair enough, movie, fair enough.

No comments: