On Friday Ms Kim and I went to see a small concert in the courtyard of Old Town Artisans - Rachael Sage (from NYC) was headlining, and two local artists, Amber Norgaard and Joshua Butcher opened for her. The courtyard itself was lovely and Southwest-y, and perfect for that kind of small show, and Norgaard and Butcher were both really good, but my favorite was Sage, hands-down. Her stage-presence lit up the courtyard, and her voice was like a plush velvet, even as she belted out some lines as she stomped on the stage. I bought one of her cd's, though I have to say I think I liked the concert where it was just her singing and playing the piano more than her with an accompanying band as it is on the cd - still good, though.

GI Joe vs Transformers Vol I and II. Interesting. A lot better than I expected, I have to say. I don't really know anything about Transformers at all, but the first volume I'd guess is an amalgamation of the two different series' origin-stories. And has several instances of Snake-Eyes being a badass. The second volume seemed more of an odd one-shot story, with a good dose of somewhat dry humor that was fitted perfectly to the art. And tangent to that, great artists for both - so, not something I'd have gone out of my way to read, but presented with it I liked it much more than I would have thought.

Zamzar - online file conversion, that's bound to be useful at some point or another

No comments: