"If we knew that tonight we were going to go blind, we would take a longing, last real look at every blade of grass, every cloud formation, every speck of dust, every rainbow, raindrop - everything." - Pema Chödrön

While I'm not able to really describe with any effectiveness the effects I've felt from meditation over the years, one I've kind of glossed over as not as significant was called to mind by this quote. After meditating, and it usually only lasts a few minutes, maybe, I could sit and stare for hours, it feels like, anyway. My mother had made a centerpiece kind of decoration out of fuschia-purple orchids and flame-colored roses she'd grown, and I felt enraptured by them for this kind of singular moment the other night, just the sheer vibrancy of their colors and being. So. That's one thing I can kind of describe.

No comments: