The L Word (Second Season). One of those things wherein were I to start talking, I wouldn't stop for a good while, and a lot of it would be senseless to those who don't watch the show. Anyway, I enjoyed this season more than the first, overall, I think, even if only perhaps because the characters are more solidly developed, and that just by time put in, as character and relationship development is one thing that draws me to the show. There are many great moments, the writers (who are consistently great in general) are quite skilled at bringing together myriad unexpected connections for these moments that are like...uh...semantic ambrosia for English-major type people. Good stuff.

One thing that always got to me back in the Catholic days (and just now reading a Muslim text) was the use of the word "fear" in regards to how one should fear God. It was explained once to me as that it didn't necessarily mean fear, but rather "reverence," that is, to feel respect for whatever God-figure is in question. Which I think is great, all of a sudden, phrases like "The more knowledge one acquires, the more one will fear God," go from off-putting or foreboding to sensical and inviting when 'fear' is replaced with 'reverence/respect.' So why don't they just use those latter words in general? Because people are jerks. But that's facetious, but I'm done with that topic for now.

I think if they were to clone anything from way back when, cynodonts would be fun, to see as close a mixture between reptile and mammal as we could

Golf isn't really my thing, but it's interesting and I enjoyed th music

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keeping your youngster warm doesn't mean dressing [URL=http://www.northfacedenalijacket.org/#2151]www.northfacedenalijacket.org[/URL] like an Eskimo. Assure these are donning model that [URL=http://www.northfacedenalijacket.org/#919]links[/URL] are relaxed. The type of fabric can also be another factor that needs to get put into great consideration.