The Seven Deadlies, by Greg Stolze. I have to say, this novel certainly surprised me. I'd enjoyed the first of the trilogy, but that'd not exactly been a page-turner. The second, however...it reads fast. With a wealth of interestingly (and compactly) developed side characters and plots with myriad connections (a la Stephen King's oft used style), and moreover characters that one comes to really care about for their depth and internal conflict, this novel makes for an engaging read. The descriptive language was top notch, as well, and I'd say this is an example of why I enjoy angel (and to a lesser extent, vampire) mythos and narratives so much - it's the same human concerns and issues and conflicts as 'usual,' but treated with light and dark extremes that have the potential to be that much more interesting, and as I said above, engaging.

Speaking of devils, hm yeah if I heard what this one sounds like in a dark forest in the middle of the night, I'd probably scream like I a little girl

Frank Harris - I just like his quotes, like the Casanova one; I've read part of his 'autobiography,' it's pretty...ah...revealing...yes, that's a pun.

No comments: