awlp! and community update, and bubbles.

Reading a book on pranayama (working with the breath), there was an interesting little snippet of a chapter on nutrition. A couple lines that popped out at me were, "It is the state of mind of the eater that is important," and "When a noble mind prevails, all but poisonous food is sattvic [healthy to body-mind]." The context for these two posits, horribly synopsized, goes something like: though food affects the constitution of the body-mind, that does not necessarily mean a jerk or a tyrant will become nicer just by eating a sattvic or vegetarian diet. Someone like a Jesus or a Buddha would probably not be affected all that much in a negative or dulling manner by eating non-sattvic food, or meat, or whatever, because they would already be in a self-sustain-ingly healthy state of body-mind, and so would have proper reverence for the life given for their nutrition. Long story short, most people are obviously more in the middle, so what I take out of it is that it helps to eat healthy and reverentially, but going out of my way to cause undue stress to myself to try to become, say, vegan, or guilting myself because I'm not, is just plain useless. And yes, I'm aware that sounds a lot like rationalizing, but I'm confident in saying I've put a good amount of thought into that, and could explain it better if needs be, and in that same vein could reference the text more.

Mr Andrew's back in Tucson, and back in action - The Second Time Around

Bubble Rings are pretty cool - though, I like bubble rings made by Ms Kim more (mainly because it involves her in a swimsuit)

No comments: