need...fresh...air...

Something about the weather today - in its inexpressible, cool and breeze damn-it's-a-good-day way - made me nostalgic for when I was in school. That is, when I would be spending a solid portion, if not a majority of the day outside. In between classes, walking to and from school, walking to get ideas for poetry or literature classes or to work out issues, running...that was when I first learned to appreciate what I can out of the colder seasons, especially autumn with its scents and mellow temperature. The winter of the present, for the most part, however, is somewhat discontentful, as I spend most of my day outside, and when I am outside for a walk or what it's only late at night, when the cold is just...cold. Ah well, maybe I can shift my perspective enough that things look up in that regard by the season's end...

Ruh-roh

1 comment:

Scott Nehls said...

I've been kind of sick of being stuck inside alot lately. But I have little to do outside too. :(