ponderball

“In sleep a person passes in and out of two stages, dreaming and dreamless sleep. In the first, consciousness is withdrawn from the body and senses but still engaged in the mind. In dreamless sleep, however, consciousness is withdrawn from the mind as well. Then the thinking process – even the sense of “I” – is temporarily suspended, and consciousness is said to reside in the Self. In this state a person ceases to be a separate creature, a separate personality. In dreamless sleep, the Upanishads say, a king is not a king nor a pauper poor; no one is old, or young, male or female, educated or ignorant. When consciousness returns to the mind, however, the thinking process starts up again, and personality returns to the body….According to this analysis, the ego dies every night.” - I'm up for talking this out with anyone, I thought it was really interesting

-ten points if someone kind find a text that can use sexual cannibalism in a close-reading of it (actually kind of tempted to suggest that to my old literary theory teacher, it would be a fun assignment)

-I think this would be a fun topic to do a period-piece movie about - the Wokuo

-in other news, I may seem like a woman with the new template, but...uh...well, for all anyone knows who's reading this, maybe I am! Ha! Take that!

-or something. I don't really know where I was going with that. I thought the template was purty, though, and pleasantly calm. So, take that!

6 comments:

Connie said...

I've had demonstrable proof of your non-womanness. I don't buy it. :)

Jinn said...

I think I just coughed, and blushed: ten points.
...
Probably still blushing.

Anonymous said...

I like your background. yes I do. It doesn't mean that you are a woman, simply that you LIKE women. so there.

Scott Nehls said...

I've had proof of his non-womanness too. I still think he's a girly-man. If I had the "resources" I'd put up and equally artistic bacground involving cleavage. Now, THAT'S manly.

Ok, maybe I wouldn't. But I'd seriously consider it if said resources would allow it.

Scott Nehls said...

Yeah, you heard me. ;) ;)

Anonymous said...

[url=http://dcxvssh.com]pUZwFYSX[/url] , AlzZMB - http://hhmgziigpu.com