"So...if you're nice to them...they give you things?"

PCU, with Jeremy Piven (who we seem to have seen a lot of, lately) and some ubiquitous but anomynous actors. I didn't expect to be, honestly, but there were several points where I was really guffawing, watching this. Yeah, it's about as deep as a puddle, but I've a growing appreciation for Piven, and the "pre-frosh" character really is the pimp, as he was described last night. I suppose if one really wanted to, the movie could be read as a sort of social commentary in microcosm, or from a different angle, a commentary on the bubble-environment of academia and school-life.

Coming soon (anyone up for attending a midnight sale?), The Dark Tower in comic book form - interview and review

An interesting opinion on natural movement - its notes on the nature of some Chinese internal martial arts' forms could tangent off to yoga and parts of the novel Cell, I think

Nasrudin - ah, gotta love Sufi mystics (scroll down to "Examples") [and a whole lot more]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so I was thinking... if they charged each person $5 to get in, that would mean that in order to get $7000 (and I think it was a little more than that that they needed) either 1400 people would have had to go to that party, or 800 people would have had to go to the party, and then each of them would have to go to the bathroom, assuming they were charged $4 for each use. roughly.

Yea, that's right, I am doubting reality in THAT movie. haha. I am not sure why I was compelled to figure that out.