Adventure: Tucson

Waaay down Nogales Highway, there's a towing yard. The first question I have is, if they have so many cars in there, does that mean that that many people just never got to pick up their cars? I mean, I get the difficulty of having to get all the way down there, and the exorbitant price, so I could understand that, but damn that sucks. Second question: why the hell did they have ostriches? That's so random.

And in the hour it took me to get back into Tucson and then across the city - first of all, why were there little cholos slouching in a car with US Government Use Only plates? And how the hell did a car hit a telephone pole and streetlight pole hard enough to shatter one and knock down the other so it would somehow amazingly balance precariously on the cables? I suppose the woman in the nice blue convertible did get catcalled by those kids in a relatively pleasant, flattering way while we were stuck interminably behind the emergency crews. Oh, and were those people really sending a poor beagle out into traffic to fetch something from the street? That's just sick, unless they were strangers trying to call it back out of the road, I really couldn't tell which it might be.

And why the ostriches?

No comments: