even I'm hard pressed to find connection with these

-"HBO just acquired the rights to make a series out of George R.R. Martin’s A Game of Thrones novels." I'll note the sic that that should be Song of Fire and Ice novels, but who cares! HBO is really the only one who could pull that off, anyway, and there's no way it would ever fit into a movie. Wooooo!

-from Wyatt, tiny planes with big pricetags

Caveman, with Ringo Starr and Dennis Quaid (aka Sean William Scott). Um. I'm not sure if this is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen, or whether it was awesome. It walks a razor path. Was it slapstick? Was it a comedy? Was it....dumb? But it was funny. I'm honestly surpised I'm able to put as much thought into it as I can. It would have been crazy if cavewomen really were that attractive. I still don't believe this was made in the 80s. I'm shaking my head, but I'm not sure in which direction.
(I'll note the plot keywords on IMDB are "Hit In Groin/Giant Insect/Anachronistic/Fart Scene/Nudity")

Mighty Avengers 1 pretty much fell flat for me; I was holding out there, for Ares and Ms Marvel, but man, Mr Writer Sir, please lay off the bloody thought bubbles. Just...no. Gen13 6 has great art and fun writing, it's quality. But, alas, it's just not the original. Still, I'm glad they're included in the general Wildstorm reboot. New Avengers 28: I keep coming back to this title, if unwillingly. It's really the writing, it's sasstacular. The Initiative 1 was a "d'oh!" for me, I thought I was getting the first of the new miniseries...this is just a collection of previews, two of which comics I had just bought anyway. Nice cover, though. New X-Men 36 - wham! Bam! Fun action-packed conclusion to 'Mercury Rising.' And the White Queen providing a lovely-tragic ending. Stormwatch PHD 5 isn't exactly necessary to get, though I'd recommend every other issue of this great comic; this one's just some reboot-explanation filler (though it is written and laid out nicely, nonetheless).

No comments: