some random things

Guide to Investing, by Robert Kiyosaki. Despite its somewhat trite appearance, like Kiyosaki's other texts that I'm familiar with, Guide to Investing is quite valuable in terms of information that can be gleaned from it. I'll readily admit that I agree with some that the writing itself can be repetitive and rambling at times, but there is a certain value in having that repitition in an educational book. It's not about knowing which stocks or bonds or even real estate to pick, as I'd initially expected, but rather (and much to my satisfaction) speaks to more general principles about really understanding what an asset is, and how to structure one's finances towards building and using assets, and on top of that some interesting points about general financial philosophy. The latter half or so of the book is probably not immediately useful to the majority of readers, including me, I would guess, but is the sort of thing that will probably be a useful reference in the future for many, as it is about starting businesses, large and small. Interesting, and useful, overall, and it even randomly coincided with the more yogic financial book I'm concurrently reading in interesting places.

Aw, poor Cap...(not 'poor Cap' enough for me to actually go get that comic, though, I'll note)

A bit of clicking will find you an interesting video of the little-known (dot)Indian martial arts

From a Wyatt - a newly discovered cat!