I will smack you in the face.

The Ten, with a big ol' ensemble cast. Ten short stories about breaking the ten commandments. Kind of hit or miss in some of them, but the majority were good, and the transitions with Paul Rudd, Jessica Alba and Famke Janssen really tied them together. I enjoyed how they created completely unexpected twists with most of the stories, especially, and Winona Ryder shone and really saved the movie in some instances. So, in the end, I'm going to come down on the side of it being a great, surreal comedy. Vvvvvahina.

Vacancy, with Luke Wilson, Kate Beckinsale, and a very very creepy Frank Whaley. I suppose it was kind of Hitchcockian, as it was purported to be, but I never really got that into it. And why on earth would they have a dvd extra that was nothing but the snuff films? Well, of course I understand why, but still. I don't know...the characters were certainly consciously developed, and the situation was as well put together as it was going to be, but...I was just never drawn into it. It's like the whole movie was kind of characterized by the lame ending - random hints and buildup, and then a big, silent word flashed on the screen which may as well have been "ANTICLIMACTIC." Which would have been a lot more hilarious had it been flashed throughout the movie.

-just because I'm all aobut brain exercise these days

-hemineglect: kinda freaky

No comments: