heebyjeeby

Blindsight, by Peter Watts. Um. Read this book. Do it. Now. Do it. It's like Evolution's Shore times 2001 times everything every scifi show ever wasn't, times...uh...I could go on. Ok wait, backing up, this is a bit of challenge to read and comprehend. I know it'll take me at least another reading to feel like I more fully get it. But not in a frustrating way, more like, damn but I wish I was more smrt. Watts takes his usual tact of placing bleeding-edge, unorthodox characters in tight quarters, and then shaking the container with morally ambiguous and paradigm-challenging situations. And makes the scariest, most plausible vampires, ever. And! And. The scariest, most plausible aliens, ever. Those points, plus Watts's usual bevy of research and notes in the appendices, should be more than enough points for whoever is reading this to go out and get the book. Clickclickclick.

Cotard's Syndrome is also freaky-deaky

-interesting: beer made out of trees

-Moray eels are the ancestors of aliens, that's all there is to it

No comments: