folkcest?

A Mighty Wind, with Christopher Guest and his usual cast. I liked this one better than the last Christopher Guest movie we watched, For Your Consideration, I think this one is perhaps more cheerful. Even kind of poignant at times. Not as hilarious as Best in Show, though. The deadpan humor is not for everyone, but in the same sort of vein as The Life Aquatic, there's an endearing cast of characters that makes for a relaxing movie.

The Quiet, with Elisha Cuthbert and Camilla Belle. Ok, so the main themes of this movie (incest, abuse of a deaf person) are certainly off-putting to most audiences. That said, I still think it's a pretty quality movie. Pleasantly twisty narrative, attractive cast, interesting dark cinematography, atmosphere, and music are all abounding. So, I'm glad I bought it for less than two dollars, but would have actually paid more to gladly rent it. Hm. That sentence may not have made sense.

No comments: