I want a spacetreebubble

The Fountain, with Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz. As much as I didn't get the movie without Ms. Kim's adept help, and applause-worthy cinching-sentence (according to the room of people, anyway), I enjoyed it. Very...quiet, very artsy movie, with a lovely score and absolutely gorgeous golden palette and organic imagery. Also, there is great shifting acting (between the three disparate sections), and a melancholy but still lovely message conveyed by the narrative, made all the more interesting and rich by its resulting three (and more?) layers. The more I think about it, the more I like it.

Employee of the Month, with Dane Cook, Dax Shepard, and a slinky blonde tart. Aaand, here we have: stupid. Well, I suppose it did have some flourishes, like a protagonist who is nervous around girls to some degree, and solid theme of doing anything for one's own satisfaction and pride, and the rest following. Then, there was Jessica Simpson, and eh jokes, and confused tropes of heartfelt or comedy or what. Eh, it was fine, I guess.

I like the helmetcams the best...psychos...awesome psychos...

I am officially interested (this was also one of my favorite short stories, just for the sheer wonder/terror of it)

No comments: