Tucson needs a 'local stuntman,' I think

Hot Rod, with Andy Samberg and Isla Fisher. Uh...dumb. But, I suppose, that was perfect for the state we were in last night. It really did pull off dumb, without being the kind of trying-too-hard-to-be-dumb that would make me want to walk away. Ah, absurd is probably a better word for it - the story takes place in a kind of absurd setting, with absurd characters, which is much, much better than trying to pull off absurd characters in setting that doesn't match that. And as equally absurd as the plot was - trying to raise money for an ailing stepfather just so his ass can be properly kicked - that really did tie it together nicely.

-aw, I like ants...dang creepy fluke thing that probably inspired several horror movies

-we have to bring the Mesoamerican ballgame back (and give it a better name)

4 comments:

Kevin said...

you didn't think they tried to hard to be dumb? for comparison, what movie does try too hard?

Jinn said...

comparison example...shoot, I can almost picture the one I'm thinking of, just on the tip of my tongue....hm, dunno if this is it, but say 'Joe Dirt'

Connie said...

trying-to-hard-to-be-dumb = Epic Movie. Don't watch it because you want to prove me wrong. You'll never get those years of your life back.

Kevin said...

then I'd also offer the same warning for Date Movie.