Monday, Monday

Cool names: Aguinindoc (what the hell nationality is that, MexiWelsh?) as a last name, and Exilee (cool sounding) and Cenobita (I wonder if she loves or hates the Hellraiser movies, where the demons are called Cenobites).

Apparently since Arizona is seen as a kind of wasteland by much of the country, the union thinks if they can accomplish something big here, then the rest of the country will really notice. Which I kind of scoffed at till I remembered my cousins imaginings of the desert when I was younger, and even Xuemei's encounters in Boston with people with outlandish ideas.

Spanish music sometimes sounds incredibly like Arabic music. I wonder if that's coincidence or carryover from the Moors waaaay back when.

It's funny that a given group putting information down, say, people all from the same office, will put the same information down - phone numbers, but no address, or email, but no phone numbers or birth dates, or the like. I wonder whether it's hive-mind stuff or coincidence or planning of some sort.

3 comments:

Kevin said...

I'd say Spanish music (as in from Spain) is definitely influenced by the Moors, which then in turn influenced the music of all its colonies. Sort of like how Arabs sometimes look Mexican, because they Arabs interbred with the Spanish, who then interbred with the Indians.

And do you work in some fantasy kingdom? wtf is with all the whimsical names you keep finding?

Jinn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jinn said...

I dunno, but aren't they great? They're all just state employees. Which may apparently employ fae.