Hanshi Anderson had his (twice?)yearly seminar today. Crazy 72 year-old badass. I got the dubious honor of being used for a demonstration (the senior teachers are usually used, like the one shaven-headed teacher who's bruises were perfectly visible all over his scalp); held in an armbar, I got double-tapped in the eyeball with an elbow-forearm. Sooo cross-eyed. We also skimmed a Wado-ryu kata, a Korean form (Steven has a super-similar tang soo do form apparently), and a short Chinese form. All of which was very, very confusing to the guy with no training in forms beyond five movements. But: there were also the taiho techniques that they train Air Marshalls with, which are basically jujitsu, which let me redeem myself somewhat from my earlier awkward following-along. By causing other people pain. Like the big jerk with the tattoo'ed arms and tight shoulders. Good times.
----tangent: Hanshi Anderson thinks yoga is great. ha.

-quick procrastination; and it actually flaps

-the sad part is that I don't think I can dance that well

No comments: