The Lonely Crossing of Juan Cabrera - by J. Joaquin Fraxedas. The style of this has been likened to Hemingway, but for lack of experience I couldn't one way or the other on this. It is emotionally moving and aesthetically pleasing to read, although at some moments depressing, and at one point just disturbing. I'd call it a short epic, detailing the variegated aspects of emigrating from Cuba to the United States.

-Catch Wrestling techniques - this...is an odd set of techniques. Some are variants of what I've learned, or are clever ways of using favorite techniques that I never would have thought of, such as 'armlock2.' Some I remember from back in the day but totally forgot, like 'keylock.' And many of the others seem a bit esoteric, but do-able. I think. Who wants to try?

-Implosion World - seriously, how can anyone resist stuff blowing up

No comments: