Well, I wasn't particularly impressed by the mango-nectarine. As much as I seem to have developed a reputation with anyone who's gone to a market with me for making a beeline for the exotic fruits section, on my side of things I'm often disappointed with the result of my treasure-hunting (notable exceptions: starfruit, green plums, prickly pear fruit). The mango-nectarines just didn't seem to have much of any flavor at all, and an unremarkable texture; now that I think about it, however, I suppose in that regard they might make for good filler in fruit salads. Meh.

Cassini Zeros in on Saturn's Strange Satellite - for fans of Evolution's Shore (even if it does change shape in the novel, it really might be hollow?!) and alliteration in article titles

Sweet Mother of All Catfish - I mean, in the thumbnail I thought it was a megamouth shark; though, when one of the aikido students at Ko Sho came back from the Ukraine she said there were monster catfish near Chernobyl

The 20 Hamburgers You Must Eat Before You Die - Yeesh, morbid title; and it would help if they explained why for each. Nonetheless, this being dedicated to Wyatt and his adroitly concise burger reviews, I'll just add the burgers we had in Anchorage....mmm, peach brandy sauce...

Word of the Day: callipygian - having beautifully proportioned buttocks
               "A Brooklyn woman was acquitted of manslaughter due to lack of evidence; she was accused of killing her husband after he mocked her for her lack of callypgian rondure." -- for any Farscape devotees, that sentence almost recreates a hilarious joke between Crichton and Aeryn (I just think the almost-paraphrasing is funny)

No comments: