This instructor from way back in the day just randomly showed up in the middle of class at the dojo today. We knew he'd been having some hard times back before he disappeared, and he had always looked strung out and gaunt. So now he's all nicely dressed, oddly wearing a David Carridine/Kung Fuish hat, a nice haircut instead of perpetually mussed cornrows, and he's found religion. And, apparently, a kind of kung fu I've only heard of - water boxing - of which he might be teaching a class at some point. The funny part was, as much as he seemed to be talking crazy talk (martial arts-wise, what with humming birds and biting praying mantises and bears and trances, and otherwise, I suppose) what he was doing had an elegant and practical flow to it, as best as I could tell. He's like this odd wandering mystic, of sorts. Which would explain the David Carradine hat, now that I think about it.

Google Moon - mark my words, I'm going to use this to plot out my future house

Word of the Day: elan - enthusiastic vigor and liveliness, or, distinctive style or flair, or, the blonde character

No comments: